Why We Love Stainless Steel Wine Barrels.............
- Is a wooden barrel ever really sterile?
- These have no floating lid with a failure- prone gasket.
- Easy to clean- Use really hot water, a barrel washing head or spray ball, and sterilize with steam.
- Ribs support weight enough to stack full on racks.
- Clears the bung ferrule when rolling.
- Easy to handle
- Costs less than some oak barrels
- Looks really nice!
Hey, let's be realistic. In most cases, these wine barrels are not an alternative to oak barrels. What they are good for is 60 gallons of sterilizable storage for your wine that is, well....tight as a drum. You can use all of the oak alternatives that you may like or simply store wine in your barrel room. ever had a Chardonnay done fermented on the lees with some barrel sticks thrown in for good measure at a low cost basis (thanks to amortized price of a forever- lasting satainless barrel)?
These are designed to hold exactly 60 gallons. We even have a place for an index card to keep notes. Don't forget your logo on the head!!!!