Make it Easy to Make Better Wine and Why Some Augers Are JUNK!!!
By bringing in grapes in lugs, you can have a bit of control over what gets dumped on the sorting table, into the destemmer, or into the press.
In the case of a destemmer, you need to supply a constant, metered feed of fruit to be able to dial in that perfect speed on the destemmer control.
Dumping directly from lugs, you go from empty to choked to perfect to empty again every time you reach for a lug.
If you pick lugs and dump them into 1/2 ton bins in the field, you can utilize this hopper to feed whatever the fruit goes into next.
Uses for this hopper:
1. Whole cluster- straight to the press, or sorted into another bin for dumping and feeding to press.
2. Grapes to be destemmed (crush optional). Destem into bins to feed into the press or into the fermentor. Or ferment in the bins.
3. Fermented reds into the press by way of dumping bins into the press.
And if you are a crush and pump facility, you needed this a long time ago.
Why the Carlsen Horizontal Receiving Hopper is better:
1. Height Adjustable
2. Has the correct type of auger so it's gentle and efficient.
4. Speed adjusts from 0-25 tons per hour to cater to your throughput.
5. Made in the USA
Contact Us today for a quote.